Very few things in life are as familiar to you as your home.
And, chances are, one of the things you like best are established and new fragrances. You know, like a home-cooked meal in the works, fresh cut flowers on the dining room table, or a romantic evening enhanced by scented candles. No doubt about it: the air inside your home can make it infinitely more inviting.
That’s the good news.
And now for another side of the story:
- According to the EPA, indoor air is 2 to 10 times more polluted than outdoor air.
- The American College of Allergies reports that 50% of all illnesses are aggravated or caused by polluted indoor air.
- According to Scientific America, a baby inhales the equivalent of four cigarettes a day simply from crawling on the floor.
- Allergies, asthma, and other respiratory ailments can be caused or aggravated by indoor pollutants.
- Children and the elderly are especially susceptible to allergy-causing contaminants.
Bob Boldt HVAC Offers You Indoor Air Quality Solutions
While there are numerous things you can do yourself to improve air quality, we offer several affordable and effective whole-house solutions. Among the most popular are whole-house air filters.
Whole-House Air Filter and Air Cleaner
These systems are installed inside your air ducts. As conditioned air flows through them, the system traps the air pollutants so they can’t reach your living spaces. A whole-house filter can trap more than 99% of all dust, dust mites, viruses, bacteria, pet dander, and other air contaminants.
Air filtration systems – also called air cleaners – are out of sight, quiet, and need less maintenance than normal HVAC filters. They can run for up to 12 months without replacement.
Over time, all the air in your home will pass through your ducts and the air cleaner; and each time that happens, the filtering process is effectively getting rid of those unwanted “guests.”
To learn more about a whole-house air filter for your home, contact Bob Boldt HVAC today.
Ultraviolet (UV) Lamps and UV Air Sanitizer
Unlike whole-house air filters that clean the air only as it passes through the filter, UV air sanitizing lamps go on “seek and destroy” missions, laying waste to airborne contaminants by destroying their DNA.
- Cuts Cleaning Time – Dust can be a major nuisance. It accumulates on shelves, TVs, and many other surfaces. An air purifier will help eliminate the need to dust as often.
- Reduces Unpleasant Kitchen Odors – Dirty socks, a stinking garbage bin, sliced onions that are stinging your eyes…you name it, UV lamps can help keep your home free of unpleasant odors.
- Helps maintain heating and AC system airflow – That saves you money by reducing the number of times system coils must be cleaned.
- Helps keep you safe – A sealed design with multiple interlocks, in combination, prevents accidental contact with UV rays.
Just how effective are UV Lamps in cleaning your indoor air? Up to 99% and higher. Contact Bob Boldt HVAC today to learn more and start breathing a sigh of relief.