You can’t see your ductwork, right? Not unless you go looking for it. And should something inspire you to do so, what exactly would, or should you be looking for?
Aha, great question, because the answer is “leaks or gaps.” And should you spot either or both – and have a Bob Boldt HVAC service tech does so for you – here are some of the problems you could be facing:
- Reduced comfort – If there are cracks or leaks in your ductwork, the air is escaping into your attic or elsewhere, and that means reduced comfort levels plus added wear and tear on your AC system or furnace.
- Increased energy costs – As more and more air is allowed to escape, you’ll be forced to adjust the thermostat to keep the indoor temperature right where you want it. That serves only to drive up you’re heating and cooling costs.
- Shorter equipment life – With duct sealing, you’re heating, and cooling system won’t need to work as hard to keep your family comfortable. That means it will run more efficiently, require fewer major repairs, and enjoy a longer lifespan. If you’re looking to save on HVAC expenses, this should be music to your ears. Fewer repairs and more time between upgrades translate to substantial savings and can help you stretch your budget further.
- Poor indoor air quality – At the same time conditioned air is exiting your air ducts, airborne pollutants like dust, dirt, bacteria, mold, and mildew are working their way inside. From there, it’s a short distance to your living spaces and your lungs.
- Reduced safety – The fumes from gas furnaces, wood stoves, and other household appliances also can get pulled into your ductwork when not properly sealed. That leads to more health risks and even the risk of fire.
Still don’t want anything to do with the inside of your attic. Well, in that case, we’d be happy to climb up there and inspect your ducts for you. More importantly, we’re professionally trained and experienced at thoroughly sealing cracks or gaps we might uncover, all for your improved indoor comfort, lower energy bills, and added safety. Contact Bob Boldt HVAC today to request service.