What happens if you don’t swap out your summer and winter clothing as the seasons change? Not much, other than perhaps an overcrowded closet or dresser drawers.
But it’s a little more serious when you don’t keep up with cleaning or replacing your AC filter roughly once a month. Here are a few examples of what can go wrong.
- Your AC system will work harder to push cool air through the dirt and dust.
- Added wear and tear will lead to premature repair problems.
- If the lack of filter cleaning becomes an annual habit, your system won’t last as long, either.
- A clogged filter also drives up your energy costs.
What’s more, all that “stuff” that gets stuck to the filter does nothing to help your indoor air quality. Quite the opposite, the dust, dirt, pesticide, germs, viruses, and other contaminants can make you downright sick.
Here are a few common examples:
- Aggravated allergy and asthma symptoms
- More frequent common colds and flu
- Other upper respiratory ailments
- Extra cleaning to get rid of all the extra dirt and dust
Cleaning and replacing your filters regularly is one solution, but not the only one. Even with flawless upkeep, your indoor air can still become polluted, in which case a whole-house air filtration system might be a more far-reaching solution.
Contact Bob Boldt HVAC today to learn more about our several air quality solutions and how they can benefit you.